Penile Implants in Covington, Louisiana
Louisiana's Leaders in ED Treatment
When considering penile implant surgery, it is important to discuss all your options with an ED specialist who has proven skills and experience. If you’re experiencing symptoms of erectile dysfunction and medications or injections haven’t worked, a penile implant may be your solution.
Dr. Sunil Purohit is one of Covington, Louisiana's most renowned prosthetic urologists. Offering several types of minimally invasive penile implant surgeries, he specializes in placing the three-piece inflatable penile implant through a single scrotal incision in a single surgical procedure. For more information on the procedure, call (985) 892-6811 and schedule a visit at our office in Covington, LA.
Get Treatment From Louisiana Healthcare Associates Today
The board-certified urologists at Louisiana Healthcare Associates specialize in performing penile implant procedures. Contact our men's health clinic in Covington, LA today.
What are the Benefits of Penile Implants?
- A Discreet Solution - Since the implant is completely invisible located inside the penis, no one needs to know.
- High Satisfaction Rate - Before making a big decision, it is always helpful to know how satisfied others have been. There is a 90-95% satisfaction rate of men and their partners after having a penile implant.
- Safe And Effective - Penile implant surgery has a very low infection rate post operation. Special antibiotics and techniques are utilized that reduce the possibility of infection.
- Long Lasting Results - Most penile implants last 15 to 20 years. Understand that the implant is a medical device which can break or have problems. This can be corrected by another short procedure.
- On Demand Erections - You can have an on demand erection in just 15 seconds whenever and however long you want.
- Outpatient Procedure - Penile implant surgery takes about one hour to complete, and you can go home afterward. You can resume normal activities in one week, but should wait 6 weeks to have sex.
- No Changes To Sexual Enjoyment - Maybe the most important benefit is there are no changes to sensation, ability to have an orgasm, or to ejaculate.
Is a Penile Implant right for you?
A penile implant is a device that is placed into a man’s body and is designed to help him get an erection. This device is prescribed by a physician for men who are suffering from impotence.
ED Treatment Options: Penile Implants
Reasons to consider a Penile Implant:
- Patient satisfaction rates: 93.8% of patients were moderately or completely satisfied with their penile implant choice, far outpacing satisfaction levels for Viagra (51.6%) or injection therapy (40.9%).1
- A Discrete Solution: Designed to emulate the look and performance of a natural erection
- Minimal Recovery Time: Following the routine outpatient procedure, a four to six-week recovery period is necessary before the implant is used.
- Insurance Coverage: Most insurance, including Medicare, cover the implant.
There are two basic types of penile implants that Coloplast offers:
The Titan Touch® Inflatable Penile Implant
The Genesis™ Flexible Rod Penile Implant
Both types of implants enable men with erectile dysfunction to have a satisfactory erection for sexual intercourse and to experience the joys of sex again. You should be able to have an orgasm with a penile implant if you were able to have one before your surgery, unless you have another medical problem that affects it. Consult your physician about this. The primary difference between the two implant types is that flexible rod implants (the Genesis) produce a permanently firm penis, while the inflatable implants (the Titan) produce a controlled, more natural erection.
Some facts about Coloplast’s penile implants:
The Coloplast Titan Touch Inflatable Penile Implant (IPP) is a self-contained, fluid-filled system made from Bioflex and silicone. Bioflex is a supple, durable biopolymer material.
- The implant is totally concealed in your body
- Designed to emulate the look and performance of a natural erection
- Pump design has a non-bulky, low-profile size
The Titan Touch inflatable penile implant offers a dependable method of restoring sexual function.
- It is the result of advanced engineering and medical research designed with your needs in mind
- It offers hope to many men with E.D.
- It provides an option where other treatments are not appropriate or have failed
Titan Touch Unique Features
- Mechanical reliability rates: Recent studies show the Coloplast Alpha 1 and Titan to have mechanical reliability rates of 97.5% after five years on first time implants.2
- Concealable: When implanted, the Coloplast Titan penile implant is not visibly noticeable. The penis appears relaxed and normal in the flaccid state, and it is not obvious by looking at a man that he has an implant.
- Lifetime replacement policy: Coloplast provides a lifetime replacement policy with all of its penile implants. Coloplast will replace the inflatable implant, or any component, for any reason during the lifetime of the patient.
Titan Touch Inflate/Deflate animation
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I lose any length after getting a penile implant?
Each penile implant is custom fitted to your anatomy. Discuss this in greater detail with your physician.
Will I be able to have spontaneous erections with a penile implant?
No. In order to place the implant in the body, the corpora containing the spongy tissue is removed to make room for the cylinders. If you are still able to have erections on your own, which are satisfactory for intercourse, you should consider very carefully whether or not an implant is the right fix for you. However, if you cannot have erections or if they are not satisfactory for intercourse, then an implant will be able to provide you with a more “instant” erection when compared to pills, or vacuum devices.
What is the recovery time?
Each individual is different and therefore their recovery will be different as well. Typical recovery is between 4-6 weeks. Your physician will determine what you can and cannot do during this time. It is important to follow the recommendations that your physician gives to you to ensure the best outcome.
Is the cost of a penile implant covered by insurance?
A penile implant is prescribed by your physician. Most insurance, including Medicare, cover the implant. Check with your physician’s office to determine your actual cost.
What makes the Genesis® and Titan® Touch different?
Both implants provide you with the capability of having an erection satisfactory for intercourse. The main difference is that the Genesis penile implant is a malleable implant consisting of 2 rods that are placed in the penis. There are no further parts to this implant. To have an erection, you only need to hold the penis and move it into the desired position. When you are finished you return the penis to the previous position. With the Titan Touch penile implant, you inflate the cylinders by pressing the pump bulb in the scrotum. You can control the firmness by pumping until you are satisfied with the erection. The best thing is to discuss each implant with your physician to make sure that you are getting the implant that is appropriate for you.
Are there risks associated with the penile implant?
Penile implants are surgical solutions requiring a healing period that have risks associated with surgery such as pain, anesthesia reactions, repeat surgery due to infections, or mechanical problems with the device. The implant eliminates the possibility of a natural erection. Considerations in choosing a penile implant may include your medical condition, lifestyle, personal preference and cost.
This treatment is prescribed by your physician. Although many patients benefit from the use of this device, results may vary. Discuss the treatment options with your physician to understand the risks and benefits of the various options to determine if a penile implant is right for you.
Will anyone notice that I have an implant?
Since the implant is completely placed inside your body, no one will see the implant. In fact, no one will know unless you tell them.
Can I have an orgasm with a penile implant?
You should be able to have an orgasm with a penile implant if you were able to have one before your procedure. Consult your physician about your expected outcome.
- Rajpurkar A, et al. Comparison of satisfaction rates and erectile function in patients treated with sildenafil, intracavernous prostaglandin E1 and penile implant surgery for erectile dysfunction in urology practice. J Urol. July 2003; 170(1):159-163.
- Steven K, et al. Comparison of Mechanical Reliability of Original and Enhanced Mentor* Alpha 1 Penile Prosthesis. J. Urol.September 1999;162(3):715-718.
Am I a Candidate for a Penile Implant?
A penile implant is a custom fit medical device which is surgically placed into the penis to produce a naturally looking and feeling erection. The best candidates for a penile implant are those who:
- Have a problem with blood flow to the penis
- Have nerve injuries
- Have side effects from prostate cancer
- Have not had positive responses to oral medication or penile injection therapy
Schedule a Consultation for Penile Implant Surgery in Covington, LA
If you are experiencing symptoms of erectile dysfunction which haven't been corrected with non-invasive treatment, contact the urologists at the Louisiana Healthcare Associates Urology Division to discuss your symptoms and the treatment options available. Please call (985) 892-6811 or request an appointment online to schedule a penile implant consultation at our urology clinic in Covington, LA.